Boiler Room

Had a call today from a lady advising me that I would be getting a call in a couple a days from a "Commodity Advisor" with information about the gold market. She stressed that she wasn't selling anything. When I asked where she was from and she replied Hong Kong I knew it was a boiler room operation and she was pre-screening.

As one would expect, I had no luck trying to get her to understand that as I worked at a Mint, I didn't need anyone telling me about the gold market, I worked it in. I ended up saying don't get the Commodity Advisor to call me and hung up. In retrospect I regret that, as I now want to know what the scam was so I can share it with you. Hopefully they'll ignore my request and call back.

First time I've ever received or heard about this sort of thing for gold. A sign of the times that gold is going mainstream, now that the cold calling scammers are on to it?

Comments

Popular Posts