Errors in Rob Kirby Article

I'm just come across Rob Kirby's Forensic Examination of the Gold Carry Trade. When I get time I will respond to it, but in the meantime an exercise - can you find the errors in his article.

It is not the first time he has done it, see Backwardation: Facts from Fiction

If you need some help, my article Misinterpretation of Gold Lease Rates.

Update: this evening I get home and find more confusion about lease rates, forwards and gold carry in the comments to a Zero Hedge article. The comment is by one "Cheeky Bastard" who is a contributor to Zero Hedge, wonder if that means I'll never be able to get anything published there?

He is not alone, however. Brad Zigler made the same mistake in his article on backwardation in Dec 2008.

I keep on leaving correcting comments, but no one seems to be paying attention.

Comments

Popular Posts